Firmware 2.5 has been released for the PSP, the new features include:
- [LocationFree? Player] has been added as a feature under [Network].
- [Auto-Select] and [Unicode (UTF-8)] have been added as options to [Encoding] under [View] in the [Internet Browser] menu bar.
- Settings for [Text Size] and [Display Mode] in [Internet Browser] can now be saved.
- The input history of online forms accessed through [Internet Browser] can now be saved.
Copyright-protected video can now be played under [Video].
(This applies to video saved on Memory Stick Duo? media).
- For details, contact the video content provider.
- Note that fees may be charged to obtain or use copyright-protected video.
- Downloadable copyright-protected video may not be available in all countries and regions.
- [Set via Internet] has been added as an option to [Date and Time] in [Date & Time Settings] under [Settings].
- [WPA-PSK (AES)] has been added as a security method under [Network Settings].
The update can be downloaded using the Network Update feature on your PSP. Note that this update will disable you from running homebrew applications on your PSP, so upgrade at your own risk.