The Illuminati Exploit was revealed only a few days ago and since then Lumines sales have sky rocketed in the hopes that a downgrader will soon come out. Well it is here. All PSP owners now have the ability to downgrade their PSP and updgrade to Dark_AleX’s Custome Firmware to enjoy homebrew heaven. The downgrader only works for Firmware 3.50, to those who want to downgrade must upgrade to 3.50 first.
The downgrader includes a port of Homebrew ENabler (HEN) for firmware 3.50 which will automatically detect existing PSP motherboards, and will take the proper steps for the downgrade. As a recap, the Noobz team advises users to have the following ready:
- A PSP, upgraded to the official Sony v3.50 firmware. You should also set your language settings to “English”.
- A legal Lumines UMD, either the EU (ULES00043) or US (ULUS10002) version. The original, Platinum, or Greatest Hits versions are all fine. Support for the Japanese version will come soon.
- Sufficient intelligence and english language skills to be able to carefully and thoroughly read the instructions.
- It would also help if you’ve previously run the Illuminati Hello World, so that you’re familiar with how to run the Illuminati exploit.
There is always a risk of downgrading so it is important that you read the following warning messages, issued by Fanjita and the Noobz team, before attempting to downgrade:
- Any downgrader carries some risk of permanently damaging your PSP. We’ve done everything we can to remove as much danger as possible, but if you choose to use this downgrader, you are accepting all of the risk involved. Nobody else will be held responsible for any damage to your PSP, howsoever caused.
- Recent Sony official firmwares (3.30 onwards) have included checks that block upgrade from previously-downgraded PSPs with TA-082 or later motherboards. If you use this downgrader on such a PSP, you will lock yourself out of official firmware updates – although you will still be able to use new OE firmwares when they are released. We intend to release a tool to allow a return to official firmwares in the future.
- This software is provided free of charge, so that you can use legitimate homebrew on your PSP. You are explicitly prohibited from selling it, or using it to pirate commercial games or applications. If you want to play a commercial game, do the decent thing and support the developers by buying it. If you don’t, then YOU are contributing to the death of the PSP software industry.
Full installation and usage instructions should be available in the package. It is strongly recommended that you take a look at the “read me” before doing anything else.