Another Custom Firmwarem 3,51 XR, is in development by pj1115. pj1115 states that the new firmware will be “based loosely on [Dark_AleX’s] OE” and promises that this version will be better than the recent 3.51 M33 Custom Firmware. The firmware is still in development and the developer claims that it is currently undergoing beta testing. We have included a proposed feature list below.
- Fixed compatibility issues with modules and resources. M33 has them.
- Bug fixes.
- Added XR recovery menu.
- Increased theme compatibility.
- Replaced network update with my custom firmware updater.
- Load modules and resources from memory stick.
- Config file on the MS for other configuration (spoof version number, recovery theming, etc.)
- Ability to have all 12 BG images as full-res.
pj1115 is also planning to include:
- Play MP3/WAV/OGG on boot instead of opening sound. No length restriction.
- Boot password protection and integrate an adapted HideMedia.
- Ability to edit config file on MS from recovery and add MAC spoofing (only affects XMB – iDstorage is untouched).
- Add super features such as dump/write NAND image, dump/write iDstorage to recovery.
- Increase no-UMD compatibility.