We recognise how important it is to protect and manage the personal information you share with us. We protect that information on our servers and by limiting employee access on a need-to-know basis. We store sensitive data in encrypted form on computers. We employ firewalls and other security technologies to protect our servers from external attack.
Collecting your data
We collect information about you only when you give it to us. For example, when you login or connect using Facebook, or when you leave a comment on our articles.
Additional data collection
In addition to the personal information you submit, we may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type – for system administration and website maintenance. We do not collect data on your browsing actions and none of the data we collect can be used to identify an individual.
Information we hold
We are the data controller and we will hold and use the following details about you:
- personal information such as your name and email address (as provided by you);
- details of when you contact us and when we contact you;
Information we share
We will keep your personal data confidential and only share it with others for the purposes explained below and elsewhere in this policy. We do not share your information with third-parties or sell you data to others.
We may share information about you with:
- any person working for us;
- any firm, organisation or person for whom we promote competitions with;
- any person who has told us and who we reasonably believe to be your parent, carer or helper;
- any payment system we may use;
- certain authorities in order to detect and prevent abuse (including to authorities outside the UK);
How we use your information
We will use your information to :
- operate and manage your account;
- contact you by email about our products and services, unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive emails;
- to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, abuse and other crimes;
- to form a view of you as an individual and to identify, develop or improve features, that may be of interest to you;
- carry out market research, business and statistical analysis;
- carry out audits;
- perform other administrative and operational purposes including the testing of systems;
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or where we are permitted to do so by law or it is in the public interest to disclose the information or is otherwise permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Transfer of Data
Access to your information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to access certain personal records we hold about you. This is called a Data Subject Access Request, which you can make by writing to admin[at]xtremepsp[dot]com. A fee is payable.
We want to make sure that your data is accurate an up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any data that you think is inaccurate.
Third party links
Our site contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own terms and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them.
To register with us you must be 13 years of age or older. Minors are strictly forbidden from using our site unless permission is given by a parent or guardian.