Dark_AleX has does it again! Firmware 3.10 was released and decrypted only a few days ago and already Dark_AleX has created a new Custom Firmware, 3.10 OE-A (Open Edition Revision A). Installing 3.10 OE-A will require the Firmware 1.5 and 3.10 EBOOTs to create a new DATA.DXAR files. Those familiar with installing previous versions of OE will have no problems with updating to this edition. But as always there is risk of bricking your PSP if the instructions are not followed.
Here is the change log:
- Change from Firmware 3.03 to Firmware 3.10
- 4th level of brightness can now be selected also without using the AC Adaptor.
- Changes in hen core:
- Static user ELF’s can now be executed in the 3.10 kernel. (this includes snes user version between other programs)
- Tyranid’s patch (added in 3.03 OE-C) consequences was not explained very well in the changelog of 3.03 OE-C:
- For programmers: it allows kernel modules to have user imports, making kernel programming in 3.03/3.10 less strict.
- For users: plugins and applications that worked in 2.71 SE, but not in OE, may now work in 3.03 OE-C and 3.10 OE-A
POPS-related important note
The plugin to load 3.02 pops won’t work anymore in 3.10 OE, due to some changes in pops modules structure. A new plugin for 3.10 could be written next week.
Something that wasn’t mentioned in the change log is that 3.10 OE A works with PAL PSX ISOs properly. If you tried to use PSX ISOs before (on either 3.02 OE or 3.03 OE), you mave have noticed that the display is slightly cut off on top. This is not the case with 3.10 OE anymore, as several people have reported. The problem was most likely fixed by Sony, since their change log did mention better PSX game compatibility.