Team M33 have updated their Custom Firmware to version 3. This time, a significant number of features have been added to the firmware including access to flash2 and flash3, as well as the use of popsloader from firmware 3.30. Check out the full change log below.
- Added more speeds: 75 and 133.
- Added flash2 and flash3 access via USB to recovery
- Added a setting in recovery to change the USB device to which XMB will connect.
- Added "vshmenu", which is a menu that will appear when HOME is pressed in the XMB.
- Added UMD video ISO support.
Changes in popsloader:
- Support for 3.30 firmware. Instructions are same as in previous release, except 3.30
firmware did not have libpspvmc.prx, so just ignore that file.
- Warning: There is an incompatibility between 3.30 savedata and later ones. If a savedata exists from 3.40+, the emulator will freeze.
Some notes about the usage of vshmenu, and umd video isos:
- vshmenu cannot be loaded when the browser is active. If you exit the browser, the firmware will
still keep it in memory until you enter other area of xmb, until you do so, you will not be able
to access vshmenu again either.
- video isos and the game isos show in xmb use the same core. Due to this, when you enter in game
menu and there is some iso, if a video iso was currently mounted, it will automatically be unmounted.
- CSO format is not supported for video ISOS.
- UMD audio ISOs are theoretically supported, but not tested.